If you are looking for a new side dish to accompany pork chops, grilled chicken, oven-roasted fish, and more – look no further.
This recipe is my new favorite – and for good reason! Fresh rosemary, crispy pancetta, buttery yukon gold potatoes, and tender zucchini are layered together to create a perfectly delicious baked side dish.
- 4 oz pancetta, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil or grapeseed oil, plus 1 for coating the dish
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5-6 medium sized Yukon gold potatoes, sliced about 1/4 in. thick
- 1 large zucchini, sliced about 1/4 in. thick
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- Using a sharp knife, slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds. Add the sliced potatoes and garlic cloves to a pot of water. Bring the water to a boil and partially cook potatoes for 6-8 minutes. They will still be firm! Drain the water. Remove the garlic cloves and finely mince.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add diced pancetta and 2 teaspoons of oil to a pan. When the pancetta starts to crisp up, add in the onions. Toss the onions in the pancetta and oil. Cook for just a minute longer, Toss the potatoes, pancetta, and onions together. Slice zucchini into thin rounds. Arrange potatoes and zucchini in overlapping layers. Sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper, garlic, and rosemary.
- Cover with foil; bake until potatoes are tender, 30 to 35. Then remove foil and bake until top is golden brown, about 15 minutes more. Enjoy while warm.