The recipe I’m sharing today for Quick & Easy Greek Salsa is a perfect way to use up the abundance of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers: phenomenal as a dip for warm flatbread or on top of grilled chicken. (Or both – a homemade flatbread wrap with grilled chicken and greek salsa!)
This quick and easy greek salsa has only a handful of ingredients. I’ve said it before, but if there are more than 10 ingredients, I often lose interest in a recipe. Obviously there are exceptions to this, but for the most part, I prefer to keep this fresh and simple in my kitchen. I do make some variations on this basic recipe though – sometimes adding chickpeas, olives, lemon zest and/or feta cheese.
- 1 cup diced cucumber (2 small or 1 large)
- 1 cup diced tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- grind or two of pepper
- Dice the cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Combine these all together and then season with salt, pepper and dill.
- Drizzle with the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and toss well to combine.