This recipe for Gluten Free, Vegan Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oatmeal Cookies is a little bit of a mouthful.
But boy… it sure is a delicious one!
My kids, husband and I absolutely loved these. And I hope that your family will too. Who doesn’t need another way to use up that summer zucchini crop?! We also love making my almost healthy chocolate zucchini brownies when we have a lot of extra zucchini lying around.
One thing to note: I cut the sugar down to 1/2 cup and thought these cookies still tasted fine and had a great texture. But you can add the full cup or if you want to cut back, you can adjust the sweetness according to your taste preferences.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 3 1/2 cups oat flour (I use oats that I have ground in my food processor. If you can eat gluten, sub up to 1 cup of flour for the oat flour; t will yield a fluffier cookie)
- 2 small zucchini, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup coconut or sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oil, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Shred the zucchini on a box grater. Squeeze the extra water out. It should yield about 1 cup of shredded zucchini.
- Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Lastly, add the ground oats. Stir until well combined then let the cookie rest for 10 -15 minutes (so some of the liquid is absorbed) .
- Drop the dough on a lightly greased or non-stick cookie sheet, about 10-12 per pan.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and let them cool for a minute before taking off the pan.
- Store in freezer or at room temperature.