Do you have simple pantry ingredients like cocoa powder, baking powder, oil, sugar and flour? Then you can make these easy, vegan brownies in a snap.
Life wouldn’t be complete without a recipe for made from scratch easy vegan brownies. This recipe is my go-to, especially when I am in a “I need to bring a dessert to a party and I waited until the last minute” situation. This recipe yields a tasty brownie that is just the right amount cake-y and chewy. It’s full of chocolate flavor. Best of all, it is so super simple to throw together. Finally, you need no eggs, no milk, no butter to create these delicious and crowd-pleasing treats…. viola! Easy vegan brownies!
Mini Muffin Brownies
Most of the time, I make these brownies in my mini muffin pans (perfect for portion-control!) But I also make them in a 9×11 pan. It seems that kids everywhere seem to beg for frosting. It takes 5 minutes to whip up a batch of creamy chocolate frosting. It’s light and fluffy which is the perfect compliment to these easy vegan brownies. Mmm or ice cream… 🙂
Maybe for a special dessert…
Bake up a batch of these easy, vegan brownies then top with a scoop of ice cream and fresh, chopped strawberries or a handful of raspberries. (So Delicious Coconut Milk Ice Cream keeps it vegan.)
Enjoy this easy vegan brownie recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated cane juice (or sugar)
- heaping 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup water (or strong room temperature coffee for extra flavor)
- 1 cup coconut, canola or sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 1/2 cups creamy chocolate frosting optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the wet ingredients (water, oil, and vanilla) and stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks or chips.
- Spoon the batter carefully into a mini-muffin pan or 13x9 pan. Bake for 10-15 minutes for mini muffins or 25-30 minutes for large pan. Take the brownies out a minute or two early if you like a more gooey brownie.
- Once cool, spread with creamy chocolate frosting if desired.
Just a quick note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links which means that if you click on the link and purchase an item, I may receive an affiliate commission. I will only recommend products that I use and I am excited to share. This disclosure is in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”