Have you noticed that a lot people aren’t lukewarm about avocados? By that I mean that most people either love them or hate them. (This phenomenon also occurs with mushrooms, cottage cheese, olives, I could go on but I think you get the idea!)
Well I for one LOVE avocados and no weekly grocery shopping trip is complete without a few of them! One of my favorite ways to use avocados during the week is to whip up a batch of guacamole, which my picky 3 year old happens to eat with a spoon…
Well, today I’m not just making any guacamole – I’d like you to meet my Creamy Strawberry Guacamole and it’s so, so good. I can’t even explain why the strawberry and avocado works so well together but it does! You just have to give it a try 🙂
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup strawberries, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Spoon the avocado into a small bowl and completely mash it together with the salt, olive oil and lemon juice. You want to make sure they are very creamy.
- Gently fold in the chopped red onions and strawberries. Don't over-mix at this point.
- Give it a taste to check for seasonings. You might need more salt or lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and enjoy!