I love baby spinach! Blended into smoothies, pureed in yummy meatballs, tossed with pasta or risotto right before serving – yum, so delicious. But my favorite way to enjoy baby spinach is a good, classy salad.
This salad is one of my favorites – tender greens with fresh berries, optional ingredients are candied nuts and/or cheese (depending on your tastes/diet) drizzled with a homemade Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette. I usually serve it as a side salad at dinner parties or cookouts, but it is filling enough to eat as a meal topped with grilled chicken or salmon.
- 1/2 bag or clamshell fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 bag or clamshell baby romaine lettuce
- 6-10 strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled (optional)
- 1/2 cup glazed pecans (ditch these for nut-free version)
- 1/2-3/4 cup Maple-Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss together the baby spinach and baby romaine.
- Layer each plate/bowl with the lettuce and spinach then top with sliced strawberries, blueberries, and/or feta and pecans.
- Right before serving, drizzle the salad with the maple-dijon dressing.
- After a minute, the dressing should be nicely emulsified thanks to the dijon mustard. Shake it well again right before pouring over your salad. Store dressing in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.