Avocados are one of my favorite things. I never know exactly what to call them though… Vegetables? Fruits? Fats? Whatever you call them – avocados are on my top 5 list for sure.
And guacamole is one of tastiest ways to enjoy avocado – I usually make it one of three ways: Traditional Mild Guacamole, a Creamy Strawberry Guacamole, and this recipe, a Chunky Guacamole with Tomato. All of my recipes start with a basic guacamole recipe – which consists of avocados, salt, red onion and some citrus juice.
And for this recipe, I try to keep all the ingredients in nice, big pieces. It’s almost like an avocado salad you would eat with a fork!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Carefully spoon the avocado halves onto a cutting board. Slice them lengthwise and then dice into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Add the red onion, cilantro, lime juice, tomato and salt stirring very carefully to combine without breaking up the avocado too much.
- Taste and check for seasoning.