Imagine a recipe that combines the creaminess of hummus with the flavors of guacamole… just give the ingredients a quick whir in the food processor and you’ve got a terrific appetizer or healthy snack. Fresh lime and cilantro keep this dip bright and crisp – while the black beans make it hearty and filling.
Combining the black beans, avocado and citrus must work some sort of magic! Since the black beans are already dark-colored, as the avocado is exposed to the air, it doesn’t turn unappetizingly brown, instead it just blends in! This dip lasted for over 5 days in my refrigerator and never discolored.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all the ingredients in your food processor.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy immediately.
- To store, cover tightly with plastic wrap, pressing directly on the surface of the dip to store.