I am just guessing, but I think I could probably write a list of 222 recipes using grilled or rotisserie chicken. Give or take. Some of my favorite grilled chicken recipes involve pasta or salad. And my most favorite recipes – involve pasta and salad 🙂
So grill up some chicken (or grab a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store) and get ready for a delicious and healthy dinner that comes together in no time! Today, I’m sharing a recipe for a pasta salad loaded with baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, grilled chicken, blue cheese (optional), and a simple balsamic vinaigrette.
Note: this recipe tastes just as delicious with gluten-free pasta! And feel free to leave out the cheese if you can’t or don’t want to use dairy.
- 2 -3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup chopped grilled (or rotisserie) chicken
- 2 cups small pasta shells
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Cook the pasta shells according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, add the olive oil, vinegar, and honey to a small jar. Replace the lid and shake well. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Half the cherry tomatoes.
- Drain pasta, but do not cool. Toss it with the baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, chicken, and crumbled blue cheese.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette over the mixture and toss gentle. Serve immediately while warm or chill and serve cold.