Easter is tomorrow!?! So hard to believe, because it feels like yesterday was Christmas Eve! Easter is about so much more then chocolate bunnies, egg hunts and jelly beans. Like the children’s book says, “Easter’s not about those things – it’s all about God’s son”.
I do get nostalgic for one of my favorite childhood treats this time of year though – those little peanut butter eggs. Since we don’t do nuts of any kind in our house, I decided to create an allergy-friendly version for my boys this year.
Just 4 ingredients – Sunbutter, powdered sugar, and Enjoy Life chocolate chips, plus a little liquid to help it all come together – and you’ve got an easy yummy treat that is free of the top 8 allergens. And they are really delicious – I think you’ll enjoy these Sunbutter Eggs!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Sunbutter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk, water, almond milk, cow's milk etc.)
- 1/2 bag of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Combine powdered sugar and sunbutter in a small bowl. Stir until it starts to form into a ball, adding a little liquid if needed. Roll sunbutter mixture until it forms a ball and shape into a long rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 12 slices.
- Form each slice into egg shaped pieces and place on roulPat, parchment paper, or greased cookie sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes. Melt chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Then dip each "egg" into melted chocolate.
- Freeze until firm. Store in the freezer to keep the chocolate from melting.